Condoville Art Display

Condoville Art Display
A taste of my artistry

Friday, May 14, 2010

Where there if life - and artists - there is hope

There could be good news regarding the condo art exhibit that was cancelled a mere couple of weeks ago. Received a phone call from the organizer who informed me that the show could be on again, if the artists are willing or interested in the idea. The only fly in the ointment so to speak is that if I understood him correctly, the day selected is Wednesday. If so, logically, this is not a good idea since people don't attend art related events in the middle of the week. We'll be looking at each other's paintings: "oh -I love your latest creations!" I mean - that's nice and all but having outsiders look them over is exciting. Anyway, the organizer is supposed to get back to me at which time I'll ascertain whether it will be a mid-week event. If so - I'll have to think it over but hopefully in the end it will be re-scheduled for a weekend. All of this means I'm back in a full painting mode.

Unrelated, the gardeners made their weekly visit. Looks like we're going to have a beautiful display this summer. It has to be an improvement on last year's offering that featured flowers, which looked half-dead and weird, never-seen-before (at least I've never seen them) species that never did belong or fit in. Went over to chat with one of the gardeners to express my delight and admiration for the work. In spite of giving compliments in both English and French language, somehow we weren't communicating for some reason or the other. I mean, he should have picked up on what I was saying just by my speaking tone, the smile on my face and my pointing to the ground. Oh well - it's the end result that counts.

The pool is still filled with dirty water. It's supposed to open the second week in June so there's still time one presumes, to fix and paint it. The condo board directors don't seem concerned.

And so it goes...

No comments: