Condoville Art Display

Condoville Art Display
A taste of my artistry

Thursday, November 12, 2009

A condo is an apartment with lots of neighbors

Moving into a condo has been interesting from a life-changing perspective. Having lived in a house for umpteen years, the first adjustment was getting used to the idea that we're no longer alone. This means movement from the upstairs neighbors who I call "The Clickety-Clicks" since one of them sounds like they're wearing high heels. Actually, it could be both of them come to think of it.

It's particularly annoying when I'm attempting to focus on my writing or painting a canvas. Mentally, I find myself following their footsteps as they 'clickety-click' while moving around their apartment.

Clickety-click.... Clickety-click...back and forth, back and forth.

On occasion in utter frustration, I find myself screaming - okay not screaming, yelling softly, because neighbors won't like that - "shut-up...shut-up...shut-up!" I've threatened to physically confront the C-C's but have been restrained by my husband. I mean, what would I say?

"Hi there. I live downstairs. Your slippers or shoes or whatever you wear on your feet are driving me up the wall! Kindly exchange them for a quiet sole. There's some on sale at Walmart."
I suppose I could send them an anonymous letter but it wouldn't be difficult to narrow down the letter writer, which could prove embarrassing.

Anyway, it's quiet upstairs since they've left for Florida. At least I think they're gone. I could swear I heard footsteps yesterday. Meanwhile, Mr. Happiness who rarely cracks a smile, is leaving the condo shopping cart in the hall in front of his apartment, instead of returning it to its usual place in the garage. It's always something.

No comments: